Tuesday, July 1, 2014

One Year

It’s hard to believe that we’ve already lived in Iowa and our new house for an entire year.  It was probably one of the biggest decisions that we’ve had to make deciding to move up here, Ryan starting a new job, the boys transferring to a new school and me working from home.  Coming from a girl that doesn’t love change I was really nervous about how it would all work out but I would say that it’s definitely been the best decision we’ve made.  We miss things about KC all the time but it has been so great being close to family and not having to travel several weekends out of the month.  The boys have developed great friendships at school and love their teachers and it’s been so nice to be able to host events at our house and have family stop by for an afternoon.  I’m looking forward to having a little more free time in the coming year now that Lincoln’s getting older to hopefully focus some time on some house projects like removing the wallpaper from the basement, painting some rooms and eventually re-doing our bathroom.  I’ll share pictures as we make progress with any updates to our house.



No comments: