Thursday, July 3, 2014

T-Ball


This was Gavin’s first year playing t-ball and he had a great time and we had so much fun getting to watch him play.  Ryan signed up to be an assistance coach for the team and that turned out to be a little interesting.  His first game was a little rough.  Gavin’s season started at the end of May and due to last minute cancellations from the head coach the team went into the first game never having a practice and then Ryan found out the day of the game that the head coach was going to be gone then too so it was a little disorganized at first.  Gavin went out to bat for the first time and did great and after hitting the ball ran to first base but then I guess he got scared because he wasn’t sure what to do next so he started bawling and ran into the dugout.  I spent most of that game in the dugout holding Lincoln trying to convince Gavin to calm down and go back out there.  Luckily Wyatt did a great job sitting on a blanket entertaining himself eating a snack so I didn’t have to worry about him.  But to Gavin’s credit he did finally go back out on the field and stood by Ryan and ended up enjoying the rest of the game. 






I wasn’t able to go to their second game but made it to the third along with all the grandparents and I couldn’t believe how much had changed.  He was having such a fun time, was hitting the ball and running all the bases, playing the outfield well and throwing the balls he caught to first base.  It was a really fun night to watch him play and see how much he had grown.  With the crazy weather this spring/summer we had several games cancelled and I think towards the end he started to get a little bored and would sit on the ground in the outfield or chew his glove not really paying attention but it was fun to see him and the team’s progress over the season.  By the end Ryan basically took over as head coach and I think will just sign up to be an official head coach next year.  I love that the baseball fields he plays on are within walking distance from our house because I foresee us spending a lot of time there in the next few years!


No comments: