Friday, July 18, 2014

Table Rock Lake

Last Thursday we ventured down to Missouri for a vacation with the Reynolds side of the family at Table Rock Lake.  Driving down was a little rough because we left much later than originally planned and were hoping the boys would sleep the 4 hours until our hotel in Clinton but it was hard for them to sleep in the car and then Lincoln woke up and cried for 40 minutes until we reached the hotel which woke the other two up.  It ended up being 1am before we were all settled in bed in the hotel and no one really slept great that night.  Lesson learned for future trips!  The nice part was that we only had a two hour drive on Friday and ended up getting there right at the same time as everyone else.


We all had a blast and I’m really hoping we make this an annual trip.  It was so nice to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins from my dad’s side that we just don’t get to see enough.  The place we stayed at was very family friendly.  It had 3 different pools, a park and playground right outside of our room and a really nice dock with rentals.  The lake was amazing.  So clean and the water was so clear.

The whole clan
My dad and his siblings.  Only Marty is missing.
The cousins!  Looking lovely after a day of swimming :)

The boys loved the water.  I think swimming lessons made a huge difference in Gavin because he was a complete 180 in the water from last year.  He was a fish and didn’t want to leave the water.  He loved jumping in from the side of the pool and boat.  He went tubing with Ryan twice on the lake and went down the waterslide about 10 times by himself.  Lincoln also loved being in the water.  Wyatt was a little more reserved.  I’m hoping that will change next year but he was not a huge fan of the boat especially when we were going faster and wanted to stay away from the deeper end of the pool but had fun playing in the kids pool with Rush and Kruz. 











 I was dreading the ride home on Monday since we were doing the 6.5 hour trip all in one day but the boys did amazing and it was a breeze.  We thought we would probably have to stop in Clinton for lunch but ended up making it clear until Kansas City and stopped to eat and then made it the rest of the way home.  Lincoln did awesome and the drive actually went really fast.  It helped that Grandma Jan sent little gifts for the boys to open throughout the trip to keep them busy.


 Needless to say I was not ready to leave the relaxation and head back to work.  The only downfalls of the trip were Lincoln not sleeping that great at night.  Gavin also managed to catch some sort of virus that made him break out in hives Saturday afternoon and they finally just cleared up on Wednesday.  Thankfully they didn’t bother him at all and didn’t stop him from having a good time and I managed to get eaten alive by mosquitos.  For some reason they were only attracted to me and I got 14 total bites.  I’ve never had quite this reaction to a mosquito bite before but these turned into big welts and itched like crazy.  Not fun at all!  Definitely will be bringing lots of bug spray next time.


 I was horrible at bringing my camera with me but did bring along on the boat ride so we got some good pictures of that trip that I’ve added all to an album below.  Hard to believe the summer is nearing to an end. 


No comments: