Monday, August 25, 2014

Lincoln - One Year old!




I still can’t believe Lincoln is one years old!  In a way this year went so slow when we thought he would never sleep but at the same time it seems like such a blur and we just blinked our eyes and it was gone.  Definitely helps you to enjoy each moment and milestone since they grow up so fast!  Below are some updates on our sweet little baby J.



Sleep – he is doing much better in this category.  Other than the last week when he’s been sick he’s really only waken once per night and would go back to sleep pretty easily and even slept through the night for the first time.  The last week has been a little rough with multiple wake ups and then we would have to rock and rock him forever or he would just cry when we put him back in bed and this kid is STUBORN.  It’s gotten to the point where a few times we’ve just had to let him cry because we can’t get him to sleep any other way and he will sometimes cry for over an hour.  Luckily we seem to be getting a little more on track and I just noticed today that he popped a new tooth so that could be part of his more frequent wake ups on top of his cold and just being overtired from the day.





Transition to daycare – so Lincoln transitioned to the same school Wyatt goes to 2 weeks ago and it has been rough to say the least.  We did two half day trials the week prior to him starting full time and those did not go very well so I was very nervous.  The first week was very rough.  I left him screaming.  He refused to eat all day, barely slept and pretty much cried all day which just breaks a mama’s heart.  I was a little bit of a wreck by the end of the week really questioning what we should do and if that was the right place for him.  Thankfully I slowly started to see an improvement so that gave me hope and I knew that luckily he wouldn’t remember any of it.  I was so happy to hear when I picked him up today that he only cried for 5 minutes after I left and then took off exploring the room and toys and didn’t need his blanket all day other than at naps and he ate all his snacks and lunch. 





Words – this kid is really trying to talk.  Some of the things he can say are mama, dada, brother, night-night and more.  He tries to repeat other words you are saying and can clap, wave, shake his head for no, loves to click his tongue and make lots of other noises with his mouth like mimic his brothers and roaring.



Eating – still loves food and will eat most anything.  Some of his favorites are still blueberries, toast, watermelon, peas, graham crackers and pasta.  This kid also LOVES ice cream :).  He is fully transitioned to whole milk and can now drink out of a sippy cup.  My milk supply started to dry up around 11 months and he never would drink formula so thankfully he loved whole milk right away.  On his birthday he had 4 teeth but another tooth just popped through on the bottom and it looks like several more might be coming soon.



Walking – he’s not walking yet but he will walk around the house pushing a toy and is getting braver when going from one piece of furniture to another.  He loves being held so I think that’s part of why he’s not walking yet.  We’ll be working with getting him more comfortable with holding on to our hands and walking around with us.




Stats – We still have a little peanut on our hands.  I don’t think it helped that he’s been sick and went through a little bit of a hunger strike at school because he dropped down to the 5th percentile for weight (19 lbs) and was 40% for height (29.5 inches).  The doctor didn’t seem too concerned but I hope he puts on some weight by his next appointment.





We love this little guy so much!  He has such a goofy smile and it’s so cute to see how sweet his brothers are with him.  We can’t wait to see what changes the next few months bring.

No comments: