Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Happenings

Another busy weekend full of highs and lows.

Some of the Highs:
We got to see and visit with lots of Ryan’s family. They were in town for his cousins graduation party so Ryan took the boys over there Saturday night and then Keith and Jan had a yummy breakfast at their house on Sunday where we got to visit some more.  It was nice to see everyone and several got to meet Lincoln for the first time.

I also participated in my first 5K on Saturday night.  We signed up for the Glow Run and I was super nervous but it was so much fun.  Jess, Scot and Jason were rock stars and ran the entire thing.  Jen, Kari and I did a mixture of running and walking but I was so proud of all of us because we all had babies within the last year and honestly I have not worked out in about 2 years which is so sad and overall we probably ran at least half of it and then they had a fun dance party afterwards.  It was so much fun and definitely made me want to sign up for another one with the hopes that eventually I can run the entire thing!




Gavin also had a b-day party on Sunday and t-ball practice.  While he was at practice Wyatt, Lincoln and I walked to the park for a bit and then to cool off we got the pool out for the first time and Gavin and Wyatt splashed around while Ryan mowed and Lincoln napped.  Summer is officially here!





 Some of the Lows:
Wyatt decided that instead of coloring his picture he wanted to paint his nails like mommy.  See his beautiful artwork below.  Thank goodness he doesn’t know where I keep the real nail polish!  He was also having a rough time with hitting yesterday and spent lots of time in timeout L. 





Several hours later Gavin thought it would be fun to color his entire hand with marker and color all over the counter even after watching Wyatt get in trouble for it earlier.  Thankfully it was a washable marker.  Then he decided it would be a good idea to carve some artwork into our kitchen table which really did not make this mama happy.  He got to spend some time in timeout as well L.




No comments: