Monday, August 26, 2013

Lincoln's arrival

On Tuesday morning we headed to the hospital around 7am for my induction and snapped one last pregnancy photo before heading out the door. 



We arrived at the hospital and got all settled.  The doctor come in and broke my water around 8:30 and things were pretty slow most of the morning with just a few contractions here and there.  I actually got to get out of bed and sit on a birthing ball this time around and Ryan and I relaxed by watching some tv and reading a magazine.  Things were going really slow and I started to worry that this might take all day.

The nurse turned up the pitocin and things started to pick up around 11.  I was starting to get some pretty painful contractions so the doctor came in and checked me a little before 12:30pm and I was between a 5 and 6.  I was going to try and skip the epidural this time around but not much longer I was getting to the point where I didn't think I could go much longer and called the nurse in to talk about getting an epidural.  

She checked me and told me it was too late that it was time to have a baby and called the doctor in.  I couldn't how fast everything had happened.  I pushed for about 15 minutes and Lincoln was born at 1:07pm.  Thankfully he was perfect and healthy and doing great other than some slight bruising on the face due to the quick delivery.  Things were a little rough for me afterwards and I had to stay in the room for a few hours to be monitored due to some loss of blood but I was feeling much better the next day and we were able to welcome some visitors.  







The big boys and their new brother.  They were so excited to meet him and did such a great job being gentle.





No comments: