Monday, January 5, 2009

39 weeks!

I thought I would post an update since we’ve had several people ask if there’s any baby news. Unfortunately I’m still pregnant. We were really hoping the baby would come sometime over the weekend but no luck. I think the doctor just got our hopes up by making us think it would come early so now the waiting is killing us! I am definitely to the point where I am ready to not be pregnant anymore. It’s hard to get comfortable with this big belly and I pretty much don’t sleep much anymore between the million bathroom breaks and lovely hip pain. I’m definitely also getting tired of all of the attention I’m getting everywhere I go :). It seems like everyone either has to stare or make some sort of comment. The other day Ryan and I were at Nebraska Furniture Mart and were looking at an Iowa State bean bag chair when a man walked up to him and said I just have to give you a high five. Ryan said oh are you a cyclone fan too and he said no for her and pointed to me and said nice work I’m proud of you. How embarrassing!! Then we were walking into Best Buy and some guy behind us was like are we going to be having a baby in this store?!?! I told Ryan apparently I just need to be locked up in our house because I draw too much attention when I go anywhere in public :). The joys of being pregnant and about to pop!

On a side note Ryan and I were able to enjoy the nice weather we had here on Saturday and took advantage of our time by going out to dinner and to a movie since it will probably be awhile before we will be able to do that again. We saw Slumdog Millionaire which is a great movie. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to see a drama. I have another doctor’s appointment on Wednesday so hopefully we will have a better idea of what the plan will be if I don’t go into labor by Sunday which is my due date.

The countdown is on…

2 comments:

Jenny and Derek said...

I hope your doctors appointment goes well, maybe they'll get things going for you!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! At least you haven't had people cross you in the street and yell back, hey you got twins in there? Pregnancy is such a joy!