Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring Break 2016

We had a chill spring break at home this year but it was fun to get to relax and spend lots of extra time as a family.  Monday was the only really nice day and Ryan had the day off so we headed to the zoo.  It was super packed but the boys had a great time looking at all the animals and enjoyed a picnic lunch afterwards.  Ainsley was a little sleepy so she was pretty chill and just relaxed in the stroller the whole time.  We also ventured out to a restaurant for the first time as a family of 6 and all the kids did amazing.  I was shocked.  We might just have enough courage to try it again!










The rest of the week we tried to get outside as much as possible to get some energy out of these boys.  Monday night it rained quite a bit so we went on a long walk around the block Tuesday morning and the boys had a blast saving worms. There were hundreds all over the sidewalk and driveways.  We had lots of practice riding scooters, bikes and walks around the block.  Gavin and Wyatt got creative with chalk and re-enacted all 7 star wars movies with their light sabers outside (wish I would have got a picture of this but it kept them entertained for hours).  While we were stuck in doors we had lots of lego building time, puzzles, racing cars downstairs and fort building.












Ryan also had Thursday and Friday off so while the littles were sleeping on Friday I attempted to take the boys to SkyZone to jump out some energy but that place was insanely packed so we ended up going bowling instead.  I don’t think I’ve bowled since high school so I was very rusty, not that I was ever a great bowler to begin with but the boys had a blast and we will definitely have to do that again!







Saturday the boys headed over to grandma Jan and papa Keith’s for a sleepover so we got to have some friends over to watch the big game and cheer on the Cyclones.  The house seemed so quite with the boys gone but it was nice to catch up on a little cleaning and have some adult conversation.  Ainsley was a little social butterfly with her new friends J.  Next week is my first full week home with the kids so I’m hoping all goes well and I’m able to keep them active and busy!

No comments: