Monday, June 22, 2015

When it rains it pours

So we’ve been dealing with a little bit of craziness at our house lately.  As if adding a 4th baby isn’t enough right J.  So it all started the week before Ainsley was born when we discovered that Friday that our freezer wasn’t working.  We thought it was just the freezer but then woke up Saturday morning to discover the fridge side was also broken and had to throw out most of our food.  Thankfully I never got super ambitious and made tons of freezer meals for after the baby because we would have lost them all.  Ryan was able to get a hold of a repair man and he was able to come out that Saturday and happened to have the part to fix the fridge so thankfully we didn’t have to run out and buy a new fridge just had to restock the old one with new food. 

We also discovered that Wyatt picked up head lice from school and Lincoln got it as well.  I’m not sure if Gavin ever officially had it but we treated him as well.  After this whole experience let’s just say that I am super thankful that we have boys because I can’t imagine going through this with 3 girls and long hair.  To be safe and make it easier to check we ended up giving all the boys buzz cuts and the day that I ended up going into labor with Ainsley I was treating all the boys hair, washing and re-making all the beds and bagging up all pillows and blankets that couldn’t be washed and vacuuming the house.  Exactly what a 40+ pregnant lady wants to be doing J.  If anything maybe all the extra activity is what finally put me into labor.  I’ve been checking the boys hair every night (which they love) and think we finally have it under control.  I just pray we don’t have to deal with this again or at least not any time soon. 



 Lastly while we were in the hospital Ryan’s parents watched our dog and they ended up having to take her to the vet because she was having issues going to the bathroom and needed to go out all the time.  An exam and xray later it turns out that she has a bladder stone that can only be fixed via surgery.  Not great news since the surgery is expensive and there is a 50% chance that she will have this problem again and with just having a new baby we weren’t sure if we’d be able to also deal with a recovering dog.  After talking to the vet a little more it sounds like the recovery should be fairly easy so we decided to go ahead with the surgery this one time but probably won’t do it again if it comes back.  She’s scheduled for surgery tomorrow so I’m praying that all goes well and her recovery goes smoothly.

No comments: