Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving on Thursday with lots of amazing food and time spent with family and even a little shopping on my part J.  A few things our family is thankful for this year and one sweet little turkey.




It was a beautiful day on Friday so bundled up and headed over to the Christmas Tree farm to pick out our Christmas Tree.  It was pretty picked over but we were able to find a beautiful tree and the boys loved walking through all the trees and playing in the snow.  The only bad part was that the place was super busy and after waiting over an hour to get our tree cut down we finally had to head home so the boys could eat lunch.  Ryan headed back on his own to pick up our tree and it was just being brought in at 2.  I couldn’t believe it!  I think we’ll probably try to find a less popular place next year and maybe somewhere where we can just cut down our own tree because when you have little ones you don’t really have 3 hours to wait for a tree. The boys also got to see Santa.  Gavin loved it, Wyatt just wanted to observe from afar and Lincoln was not a fan :).







The boys were really into decorating the tree this year.  Even Lincoln got into it this year and I think it turned out beautiful.   That night we headed over to Keith and Jan’s for dinner to celebrate Keith’s birthday and then on Saturday my parents watched the kids so Ryan and I could head up to Ames for the last home football game.  Although we lost it was a much better game than we were expecting and we got to head over to Great Plains for some yummy pizza that I have been craving forever after the game and got to catch up for a few minutes with a great friends.  Sunday was a lazy day at home.  Ryan told the older two boys to the Y for some basketball and swimming and wore them out while Lincoln and I did some cleaning and ran some errands.  Overall it was a great holiday weekend and none of us were ready for it to be over.  Luckily Christmas is just around the corner!











No comments: