Monday, July 2, 2012

Sabbatical

Summer is here and we have been busy! I am so lucky to work for a company that allows employees to take a sabbatical after 7 years. I actually reached my 7 years last summer but had to wait 6 months after maternity leave with Wyatt and decided I’d have more fun during the summer than taking it right away in the winter. I started my sabbatical on the 11th with my community service. I volunteered with Harvesters a local food bank doing the food drop off program where I rode around with a driver each morning and picked up donated food from different restaurants and then after we collected all of the food we drove to different shelters to drop it off. It was an amazing experience and everyone was so appreciative of the food we brought. I really hope I get to do it again someday. The next week Jess came to visit and the boys loved playing with her. We had lots of fun shopping, going to a movie and laying out by the pool but I managed to get the worst sun burn just before our trip. Thankfully it did fade after a few days.



We also finally replaced the carpet/linoleum in our master bathroom with tile. I just love how it turned out and makes the room look so much bigger.


On the 22nd Ryan and I left for Cabo for five days. His parents came down and watched the boys and we were a little nervous since this was the first time we’ve ever left both of them for more than one night but they did great and we owe Ryan’s parents big time!!! Cabo was amazing. We stayed at Pueblo Bonita Sunset at my parents timeshare and it was incredible. We both agreed that we definitely will be going back someday and maybe even with the kids. I couldn’t believe how many families were there! I definitely did not get to go on that kind of a vacation when I was little ;). Ryan and I truly enjoyed some quiet time together getting to sit and actually eat our meals, actually getting to sleep uninterrupted all night, sleep in and lounge by the pool all day with drinks in hand. So relaxing but by the end of the trip we were definitely ready to get home and see our boys.

Pool by our room

Sky pool at the very top.  Great view of the ocean.


Marina. Getting ready for our sunset cruise.


 Lunch on the beach.  Was amazing!



The arch and lovers beach.


This is my last week off and I get to play stay at home mom :). We have lots of fun outings planned and so far I am loving it. Friday is the big 3-0 and back to work on Monday. Not sure I’m ready to end this amazing month and head back to the real world.

No comments: