Thursday, July 5, 2012

Outings

We have been busy and I have been able to go on lots of outings with the boys this week.  I've tried to go somewhere with them each morning to break up the day a little bit since we can't do too much outside due to this awful heat.  On Sunday we were wanting to get out of the house a little so we headed down to Crown Center to check out their free dinosaur exhibit.  We spent about an hour there and both boys had fun playing with the dinosaurs and exploring.  We even lucked out and got our lunch for free because the computers weren’t working at the restaurant we stopped by!  Monday morning the boys and I headed to Deanna Rose Farmstead.  I’ve always heard how nice this place is but we have never been and luckily we got there right when it opened so it wasn’t too hot yet.  The boys loved seeing all the animals and playing on the playground and we even stopped by the ice cream parlor for a yummy snack before heading home.  We’ll definitely be heading back with Dad sometime when it’s a little cooler.  Tuesday we headed to the children’s museum for some more fun and exploring.  Both boys loved the water room and Gavin even made a new friend building a big tower with the blocks and then we had a quick picnic lunch before heading home.  Today we headed to the library for story time.  It was so fun.  We sang songs, played with a parachute and colored pictures.  The boys loved it and they got to check out their first book.  Gavin a dinosaur book and Wyatt a book about farm animals.  Tomorrow we were going to try to go to the zoo but since it’s supposed to have a high of 106 I think that might be out!  Below are some fun pictures from our adventures.

No comments: