Both Wyatt and Gavin have transitioned to new rooms at school. Wyatt transitioned to the 1 year old classroom and is doing great. Ryan had to take the kids the end of last week which was the first time we started going straight to his new room and of course he made drop off super easy for Ryan. I got to take him this week and have been greeted with lots of crying and clinging each morning. Luckily his teachers say that he’s basically done a few minutes after I leave and he’s always in a happy mood when I pick him up but always make me feel bad. If anything I guess I feel loved lol. Gavin also began his transition to preschool last week. I was a little nervous about how this would go because he is very much a routine guy and doesn’t always handle transition well but he was SO excited to finally go to preschool. I think it helped that one of his really good buddies is in his class as well because I dropped him off that morning and he basically said go mom right away which never happens lol. We did get off to a little bit of a rocky start due to some lack of communication between Gavin’s old teachers and new teachers that created some frustration on my part and confusion for Gavin but luckily we got everything sorted out and he is loving the time he gets to spend in his new class. We are still dropping him off in his old room but after breakfast his new teacher comes to get him and he’s been spending the rest of the day in preschool. It’s been going so well that I’m thinking we’ll probably just get to go straight to preschool next week.
What else is new?
On the Wyatt front he’s still not walking but does really well with a walker and just within the last week has really been interested in walking around while holding your hands. He can also say uh oh and bye bye when asked which is super cute and blow kisses. Still gets into everything and loves cars. He also loves food and continues to be a great eater. Last night for dinner alone he ate two pieces of pizza, peas, blueberries and yogurt bites! He is also starting to really pay attention to Roxy and does a great job with being gentle. We try to play fetch with her but most of the time it ends up being fetch with Wyatt because he crawls down the hallway and gets her toy while she just sits and watches :).
As for Gavin he continues to make us laugh every day. He is so creative and has a huge imagination and an incredible memory. He continues to be obsessed with dinosaurs and right now pretty much refuses to wear anything other than a dinosaur shirt to school so he basically wears the same 5 shirts to school every week. I think he’s going to be a lawyer like his daddy because he is constantly negotiating a new bed time deal or some way to factor in dessert or the ability to watch some movie before doing one of his tasks. Other than wearing a pull up at night and sometimes at nap he has finally mastered the whole potty training thing. We are still working on going #2 in the big potty so we can get rid of the little potties but aren’t quite there yet. Seems like with Gavin you have to talk about an idea for a while until finally it seems like his own idea and he decides it’s time. We are also working on being more independent and having him get dressed by himself and put on/take off his own shoes. He just never really expressed any interest in doing it himself before so we always did it for him but now we’re pushing him to do it himself even if it takes a little longer to get going in the morning and he’s doing a great job and gets very excited when he can do it.
I wasn’t very good about taking pictures this month but did upload some new ones to the February folder in Picasa.
No comments:
Post a Comment