Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lincoln - 2 months old



Wow, it’s hard to believe that Lincoln is already two months old and that I have about 2 ½ weeks of maternity leave left.  I’m definitely not ready to go back to work yet L.  This past month has been a challenging one to say the least.  I thought the third was supposed to be the easy going, laid back baby but unfortunately Lincoln has proved that theory wrong.  Hopefully he will be the easy going laid back toddler J.  At least I can say that things do seem to be improving but we’ve had some challenges with sleeping.  He doesn’t sleep that great at night due to gas which causes him to wake more frequently and be fussier than normal so I typically don’t get more than a 2-3 hour stretch of sleep at a time if I’m luckily.  He’s also gone through a fun phase of fighting sleep so it was taking over an hour of rocking and walking the halls with him just to get him to finally go to sleep and then after laying him down he would immediately wake up and we would have to start all over.  Or he would only sleep if I was holding him which didn’t really allow me to catch up on any missed sleep or allow me to get anything done around the house.  The other bummer is that he doesn’t really love his car seat.  I was really looking forward to enjoying the nice fall weather by going on lots of long walks around the neighborhood but we tried it a couple of times and they ended pretty quickly because he would just cry.  I’m hoping this will change as he gets older.







The one big accomplishment this month is that he will now drink out of a bottle.  We had to go buy a new brand but I am so thankful that we got that done, one less stressor for my return to work.  He is also smiling and cooing all the time which is just adorable and makes you forget how tired and frustrated you might be.  He is much more alert now and loves being held facing out so he can look around and see what’s going on and will smile when he hears his brothers talking to him.  We had his doctor’s appointment yesterday and he is a growing boy.  He was up to 12 lbs 6 ozs (65%) and was 22.8 inches long (42%).  He’s finally moved up to the 3 month clothing and moved out of the newborn diapers.  He is such an adorable little guy and we all just love him to pieces!






No comments: