Gavin had his second visit to the Dentist today and he did amazing! Such a big boy! I wasn’t quite sure what to expect but he did great. Still wanted me to come back with him which I expected but he sat in the dentist chair for the first time and actually got his teeth cleaned and flossed with all the tools. The dentist and hygienist were amazing and made him feel so comfortable and we got a great report on his teeth. He got to pick out a special prize at the end and a new toothbrush and then I took him for a special treat before heading to school for being so brave.
On a side note ever since Wyatt heard me tell Gavin over the weekend that he was going to the dentist he has been obsessed with wanting to go to the dentist. To the point where he was even throwing a fit because he wanted to put his shoes on and go immediately. I tried to explain to him what the dentist means but it doesn’t seem like he got it. I would love to know what he thinks ‘going to the dentist’ means as it is a huge struggle right now to get him to brush his teeth. We basically have to hold him down and force him to let us do it while he screams, so no fun for any of us. So I know he does not really want to go to the dentist but this kid is adamant. He event woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning asking about going to the dentist and it was the first thing he said again this morning lol. I thought about bringing him along with Gavin so he could see what the trip was all about but decided against it because I wasn’t sure how Gavin would handle it and thought it might be a little tough dealing with him and Wyatt.
No comments:
Post a Comment