We decided to try Elf on the Shelf for the first time this year. I found a cute idea on pinterest where you wrap up all your Christmas books and each night the kids get to pick a book to unwrap and read so I thought we would try this out and have our first book be Elf on the Shelf. I explained the plan to Gavin and let him and Wyatt open the first present last night and then we read the book to the them.
Wyatt wasn’t really paying attention but I think Gavin got the message. Then we had them look around to see if Santa sent an elf to our house and it took a while but they finally found him.
Next step was to name the elf and Gavin immediately said Ralph. I was really shocked because typically when we ask him to name something he either throws out something that is not a name or says Spiderman so I think we were both thrown for a loop when he came up with that one. We’ll see how much Gavin gets into it this year but he did have fun looking for Ralph’s new spot this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment