Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wyatt - 20 months

I’m a little late in this post but truly can’t believe that my little guy is already 20 months and will be 2 years old in less than 4 months! My how time flies. Wyatt is such a sweet little boy that just makes us smile and laugh all the time. He is so easy going and just amazes me every day with something new that he has learned. He loves giving kisses and hugs and his teachers at school tell me all the time what a lovable little guy he is.


Things he loves:
I mentioned this in an earlier post but he loves reading books. Some of his favorites lately are Polar Bear Polar Bear what do you hear, I can do it, and Things that go.  We read these multiple times each night :). He loves trains and trucks especially bulldozers but most of all loves, loves, loves his brother! There are times when he is seriously Gavin’s little clone and he mimics everything Gavin does. Usually it’s pretty cute but not so fun when he’s mimicking Gavin’s bad behavior. One example is when I pick the boys up from school Wyatt always wants to walk down the sidewalk to the car like his brother which is fine but he’s just really slow. Well one day Gavin was being naughty and not listening so he ran off the sidewalk and was walking around a tree to keep away from me. I finally got him to get back on track and I look back to see Wyatt doing the exact same thing and circling the tree just like Gavin.



He still loves food and is getting better using a spoon and fork. We never have to question whether he will eat something unlike his brother who is becoming more picky. He’s also migrated to a big boy chair. He wanted to sit at the table like his brother and is doing much better now. For a while he thought it was pretty cool to push himself away from the table about 50 times during dinner and then liked to throw his plate on the floor.



New Things:
Wyatt talks quite a bit and is learning new words every day. His new thing lately is that if he hears a word he knows and associates with an action he will act it out. Like we’ve always taught him to be gentle and associated this with the dog because he used to hit or pull her hair. Now if we say to be gentle in regards to anything he will immediately start patting your hair or he knows what hit means so there’s been a few times where I’ve been holding him and told Gavin not to hit something and he’s looked at me and then smacked me in the chest because he was acting out hit as he heard it. We also found out that apparently his teacher at school did yoga with the kids one time because we had music on and Gavin was dancing one night when all the sudden it looks like Wyatt was stretching or doing yoga poses and it was so cute. He would go down in a downward dog pose and then lift up one of his legs in the air and hold it then he would get into a lunge position. We weren’t quite sure what exactly he was doing until the other day when I was reading him a story about a dinosaur stretching up to reach some leaves when he ran into the kitchen and starting doing his stretches.  Tried to capture some of the stretching in the video below, so much better in person though.




Wyatt is also learning to count. Sometimes if they boys are growly in the car I try to get them to focus on something else so we count the cars or trucks around us. A day or two later I overheard Wyatt and it sounded like he was trying to count. He’s really good about repeating the numbers after you say then and knows what definitely comes after a few of them but can’t quite do 1-10 on his own yet. Lately if he wakes up early and we are still getting ready I can hear him on the monitor trying to count all the cars on his bed sheet and it is so cute. He also knows all his farm animals and zoo animals and can make all their sounds. He loves animals!!


I just love his blond curly hair. It’s gotten pretty long lately and we are on the fence about if we should keep growing it out or get it cut. I know it won’t stay blond forever but I really hope he keeps his curls they are too darn cute.


He is such a ham and still doesn’t have all his teeth. Teething for this kid seems to be a month long process if not more and he still only has his 4 teeth on top and then only 3 on bottom plus molars so he’s a little unbalanced. Not even sure if he will have them all by the time he’s two. I guess we’ll see!

Cute video's of Wyatt trying so hard to jump just like his brother.         

No comments: