Thursday, May 10, 2012

Terrible Three's!

Wow, we have hit a brick wall with Gavin. I know it’s the age but oh my this past week has been difficult. He refuses to listen, has horrible manners at the table, talks back and refuses to go to bed. Morning and bedtime are definitely the most difficult and a constant battle. Most mornings we have to force him out of bed, force him to go potty and force him to get dressed. Not a fun way to start the day. At night he throws a fit when it’s time to brush teeth and go potty and usually refuses to go to bed. The last two nights have resulted in us just putting him to bed and closing the door with no stories since he refused to do anything we asked. He is the sweetest boy ever by my goodness is he stubborn and definitely helping us work on our patience :).  I'm praying this phase is short lived!

On the bright side Gavin did play in his first soccer game on Wednesday.  I really wished I had gotten it on video because it was quite hilarious.  It took quite a bit of convincing on our part to finally get him out there to play.  After a little bribing and promising a delicious ice cream cone for trying he got the courage to take off running towards the field and he looked SO cute.  Then about two seconds later him and another boy tripped over each other, knocked heads and fell down.  Tears ensued and our boy came running out of the game about as fast as he went in.  Of course that just had to happen since it took SO long to get him in there lol.  We did manage to get him talked into going in one more time and he ran in, kicked the ball and then came running out shouting ok now can I get my ice cream cone.  I swear all that boy cares about is treats.  I definitely think Wyatt is going to be the ball player of the family.

No comments: