We had Wyatt's 6 month checkup today and he is doing great. He was 18 lbs, 12ozs (75%) and 28 1/4 inches long (95%). He is rolling all over the place, reaching for toys and already scotching his bottom up in the air. He just discovered his feet a few weeks ago and loves putting them in his mouth along with everything else.
He is very strong and loves being able to stand up. If you pull him up by his arms he will immediately stand up and he loves being able to jump in the jumperoo. I definitely think he is going to crawl soon since he is so squirmy and will hardly sit still when you are holding him he just wants to be on the go.
He's been doing cereal for about a month now and really likes that. We just tried peas for the first time last night and that went really well also so hopefully this means he will be a good eater like his brother although we still have trouble getting him to finish his bottles at times but that seems to be getting better as well. He's still waking up once in the middle of the night to eat so I’m looking forward to hopefully getting rid of that feeding soon so we can get a little more sleep and also try moving him out of our room and see how it goes sharing with Gavin.
He continues to be such a sweet little boy and smiles all the time. Loves watching his brother do anything and Gavin is very much into him now as well and loves to help out by bringing him things or sharing his toys which is so sweet.
I also survived my first trip away from the boys. Ryan stayed home with the two boys while I headed to Puerto Rico for a quick trip with my family. I don’t think there is any way I would have been able to leave so soon if Ryan would have went with me but I survived and so did he although it wasn’t quite the relaxing vacation I was hoping for. We got to do a lot and see a lot in the four days that I was there which meant getting up early and staying up late. I think I probably got less sleep than I would have being home with a 6 month old but it was fun and worth it.
Here are some new pictures of the boys over this past month. They are just growing up so fast and this summer is zooming by!
No comments:
Post a Comment