Monday, May 16, 2011

Almost Two and a half

Thought I would post an update on Gavin since it has been awhile. Hard to believe he is going to be 2 ½ next month. He is just growing up so fast!! He is a busy boy and definitely keeps us on our feet. He is a very strong willed boy and can be very stubborn at times and wants to try and do everything on his own which is hard with some things and can result in a little tantrum if he doesn’t get his way. Probably the worst is anytime we are eating as we are still working on table manners since he likes to throw food on the floor and make a mess with his food all over the table and himself. Of course Roxy loves it but it’s not very fun to clean up for us. He’s definitely doing better but still has his moments and is so ornery now that he knows he’s not suppose to be doing it and will say I’m making a mess as he smashes his banana in his hands and all over the table.

He is all boy and loves going on walks and finding sticks, bugs, pine cones, bunnies and playing in the dirt. Right now he is OBSESSED with dinosaurs and pretty much doesn’t go anywhere without his T-Rex. He rides to school with us each day, goes in the bath, on walks and sleeps in his bed each night and typically in between he is chasing Roxy with his dino screaming ROAR. It’s so funny and Roxy usually gets tired of the game pretty quickly and Gavin doesn’t understand why she won’t keep playing saying I want to chase her. Wyatt’s in trouble when he gets old enough to move lol. He also loves watching movies about dinosaurs on our I-Pad. It amazes me how quickly he figured out how to work it and will say where’s my I-Pad when he wants to watch movies or play games.

I know I say this every time I write about Gavin but it still amazes me how much he is talking and how much he can remember and interpret from what we say. We definitely have to be careful what we say these days because he will remember and repeat everything. Luckily we haven’t said anything bad but just silly phrases that might slip out once and then I hear him saying them all the time like Oh my gosh or if he says something is a penguin in his book and I say it’s a woodpecker but it kind of looks like a penguin (in his defense it does look like a peguin :)) next time we read that book he says that’s a kind of penguin lol. Although he definitely tries our patience at times he is also the sweetest little boy and loves cuddling and giving hugs and kisses. Lately his big thing is opposites and he always wants a great big hug and then a teeny tiny kiss or when we are singing or reading at night he wants us to do it loud and then do it quiet.

He is much more interested in his brother now and wants to help all the time by going to get things and loves to put his pacifier in his mouth or will try to read him stories or shares his toys. He still loves to read books and some of his favorites right now are ABC’s, How do dinosaurs laugh out loud, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and the Foot Book. Most of these we’ve read so many times that he has the book memorized and can essentially read it himself. We are looking forward to the summer and getting to use our pool. I can’t wait to see how Gavin is in the water this year! The other day Gavin was rocking our rocking chair and wanted me to take his picture and it reminded me of a picture I took of him when he was 5 months old! I love this stage and how much he can interact with you and play but it also makes me tear up a little bit when I think of how big he’s getting and how quickly he’s growing up!!



No comments: