Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mommy and the boys!

This weekend was the first time that I have watched the boys overnight by myself. Ryan headed up to Ames yesterday morning for VEISHA and should be back sometime this afternoon. It has actually gone really well and we've had lots of fun although each boy has definitely had his moments/meltdowns. Gavin has especially been better than i expected which has really helped since I've had the boys home during the day by myself several times and it always seems like Gavin was extra ornery each time so i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into this weekend. Luckily it was nice here so we were able to go outside for a little bit and go for a walk. I'm so thankful that we didn't get the snow that they got in Iowa and other places. Last night before bed Wyatt was laying on the ground and Gavin decided he wanted to lay by him which is pretty unusual since usually he is so busy busy busy doing his thing that he doesn't really pay much attention to Wyatt right now. I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to get some new pictures of the two of them and Gavin was actually totally into it with lots of smiles for the camera. He did get annoyed after awhile because Wyatt kept hitting him with his arm. I tried to explain that he can't control his arms but i don't think Gavin bought it lol so we had to adjust the position a little. I even got in there for a couple although as you can tell i look a little rough. Not much me time when you're running around after one boy and hauling the other. Lots of exercise going up and down the stairs :). Overall a good day but we are looking forward to daddy getting home later today.




No comments: